Saturday, July 23, 2011

heat death.

I don't know about any of you, but I feel about like my brain has melted into mush and oozed out my ears. Summer is usually my favorite season but this heat is so oppressive it's making me long for cool autumn nights. Ryan and I have spent the past few days holed up in our bedroom, for lo there is the air conditioning, and it is good. However for those moments when you have to go out and face the terrible sauna outside (like going to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 in IMAX, like we are tonight!), it's good to have some tricks to keep cool.

My tip for the ladies is milkmaid braids.
They're really cute and surprisingly easy.  Just part your hair, make two long braids on each side of your head, & use bobby pins to stick 'em to your head.  
I'm not too careful when I'm pinning, as I like my hair to look a bit disheveled, but you can make them as tidy as you like.  I also like to wear a floral crown on top, as it hides some of the mess and makes me feel like an elf.  I made this floral crown myself, actually.
It's really the best hairstyle for this weather.  I love my long hair, so it's nice to have an option like this too keep it all off my neck.  It especially helps on those days when the humidity is making me seriously consider shaving my head.

Ryan's tip for the menfolk: mustachio!
He finally caved in the heat and decided to shave off his beard.  His facial hair had gotten really long, so I made him promise me that he'd shave the beard off first and let me take a picture of him with a silly mustache.  I thought it would just be for a laugh, but now I actually really like it.  Ryan's decided to keep it for now, as a mustache is much less sweaty than a beard and therefore still acceptable for the weather.  I think it makes him look like a Spanish Conquistador or Musketeer or George Harrison.  Whichever it is, 'tis yes.

So does anybody else have a silly tip for beating this awful heat?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!