Thursday, September 8, 2011

speak to me.

here's a little inspiration from our setlist for our show tomorrow night.  we're playing a lot of really pretty covers, but these lyrics hold a special place in my heart.  complex metaphors and heightened language definitely have their place and can make very beautiful lyrics.  however, when a song's message is this pure and true, sometimes best way to say what you mean is just to say it.


come with me my love
to the sea, the sea of love
i wanna tell you how much i love you.

do you remember when we met?
that's the day i knew you were my pet.
i wanna tell you how much i love you.

come with me my love
to the sea, the sea of love
i wanna tell you how much i love you.

- "sea of love" arrangement by cat power.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!