Monday, August 8, 2011

Lake Placid.

This past weekend Ryan and I drove up to Lake Placid, NY to meet my parents and my brother Nick.  Nick is 12 and a hockey player (you may remember him as co-writer/guitarist of our Harry Potter song) and had spent the previous week in Lake Placid's CAN/AM Hockey camp.  My parents had decided to stay up there for the week and use it as their vacation.  After much begging and pleading Ryan and I decided to take the long drive up and spend the weekend.  Boy am I glad we did.

Crossing the Mohawk River on I-87.
We drove up late on Friday night.
The view of Mirror Lake from my parent's hotel room balcony.  Sigh.

The phrase "purple mountain majesties" comes to mind.
Lake Placid and Mirror Lake are so breathtaking.  I live in a small city right off of a highway, so views like this are few and far between at home.  The air up there was so clear and the water was so clean.  It was definitely a little bit magical.  Plus I got to spend time with my brother Nick, who I missed so much!
Nick and I.  Isn't he handsome?
My brother is growing up so fast and let me tell you he is getting bigger by the day.  He's already got an inch or two on me (not that it's hard) and I think he'll be even taller by 2012.  There is actually a ten year age difference between Nick and I, but the way we get along you'd never know it.  Mostly I chalk it up to the fact that I also behave like a 12 year old boy in most situations.  Seriously though, he's an amazing guitarist and singer and a great hockey player.  The kid is going places fast.

All in all it was a great weekend.  I only wish we could have stayed longer!  So are there any other weekend warriors out there who are making up for a lack of vacation time by making weekend trips?  Got any more tricks up your sleeve before the summer comes to an end?


PS: I'd like to thank all the people who offered such great advice and kind words in response to my last post.  I really appreciated the support.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!